Public Access Register
An online public register is a statutory requirement of the Building Scotland Act 2003 and therefore all Local Authorities must make this accessible to members of the public.
The Orkney Islands Council public register contains the required relevant information relating to Building Warrant applications received by the Local Authorities Building Standards Function.
Application lists will be updated monthly with effect from March 2013 (previously fortnightly), and will be available in Portable Document Format. They can be accessed by year from the Related Downloads section on the relevant year page.
Public Access Register – Building Warrant Application Search
The Public Access Register service is designed to give you easy access to Building Warrant details and holds records of Building Warrant applications from 1 January 2000. You can use the Public Access Register to:
- View building warrant submission, first report, approval and completion dates.
- Check the progress of applications.
- View weekly and monthly lists searching key dates e.g. registered, approved, commenced, completed, etc.
- Search by application type e.g. new house, extension, demolition, etc.
- Register and check the progress of your application.
For simple searches use the following procedure:
- Select "building standards" from the search tab.
- Select "simple".
- Select "applications or notices".
- Enter a keyword, reference number, postcode or single line of an address in the search field.
- Select "search".
Where multiple records are returned select the one you’re interested in. You now have access to all information held in the Public Access Register for the record selected e.g. description of works, agent name, applicant name, value of works, decision, decision date, case officer, received date, commencement date, completion date, map location etc.
You can access the Public Access Register Search from the ‘Related Sites’ section of this page.