Orkney Islands Council - Website Main Section
The Vision for Health and Social Care Integration
Ensuring better care and support for people where users of health and social care services can expect to be listened to, to be involved in deciding upon the care they receive and to be an active participant in how it is delivered. This will result in better outcomes for people, enabling them to enjoy better health and wellbeing in their homes and communities.
Orkney Health and Social Care Partnership, (Orkney HSCP) is a partnership between Orkney Islands Council and NHS Orkney. The Partnership aims to improve and develop social care, community health and wellbeing. We want to provide the best possible care for people in Orkney, wherever they live and whatever their circumstances.
The Orkney HSCP has, to date, been responsible for the delivery of the full range of the Council’s social work and social services, for all age groups and service user groups, and NHS Orkney’s community based health services since 2011, under joint management arrangements. The Partnership has continued to be accountable to both the Council and NHS Orkney for the effective delivery of these services through the Board.
Please use the buttons and links below to find out more about our service:
- Chief Officer of Integration Joint Board - Stephen Brown
- Chair of Integration Joint Board - Rachael King
- Vice Chair of Integration Joint Board - Issy Grieve
- Emergency Contact - Duty Social Worker
- Mon to Fri, 9am - 5pm - 01856 873535.
- Out of Hours – 01856 888000
- General Contact - Orkney Health and Care, School Place, Kirkwall, KW15 1NY - 01856 873535 or by email.
- The Balfour Hospital - Forelands Road, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NZ - 01856 888000