The Building Standards Customer Journey
Building Standards Division has published The Building Standards Customer Journey guide which explains the roles and responsibilities of the home owner in relation to the building standards process, and gives helpful guidance to those who intend to carry out building work and where to seek help.
The guide includes:
- An overview of the Scottish Building Standards system.
- Responsibility of the building owner.
- When do I require a building warrant.
- The process of obtaining a warrant.
- Main stages of the building warrant process.
- Role of approved certifiers of design.
- Role of approved certifiers of construction.
- Role of local authority verifiers.
- Additional helpful information.
If you’re carrying out building work this guide is for you.
You can access the Building Standards Customer Journey guide in the ‘Related Sites’ section of this page.
Should you have any questions regarding the Building Standards Customer Journey guide please contact Building Standards.