Orkney Islands Council
Working together for a better Orkney


Persons wishing to operate a fair on private or local authority owned land are required to obtain a Public Entertainment Licence under the Civic Government Scotland Act 1982 from the local authority. Separate permission to site on local authority land will also be required.

For further information on Public Entertainment Licences, please refer to the Related Links section.

Anyone requiring further information about this topic should contact:

Legal Clerks Office

Council Offices



KW15 1NY

by email

by telephone: 01856 873535 extensions 2229 or 2232

by fax: 01856 876941

Related Links