Skip to content

Street Trader's Licence

Anyone trading in a public place in Orkney requires a licence from the Council under section 39 of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982. This covers businesses, self-employed persons and employees. All employees or agents acting as street traders require, individually, a street trader’s licence.

On this page is all the information you will require to apply for a Street Trader's Licence. Related documents are available from the 'Related Downloads' section of this page.

If you require further information about this topic please contact the Licensing Team, Legal Services, on telephone: 01856873535 extensions 2229 or 2232 or via email.

If you would like to see someone in person to discuss a licensing matter please contact the Licensing Team to make an appointment.

School Place, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NY |  01856 873535 | Translate | Accessibility | Copyright | Privacy | Investors In People Logo