Skip to content

Permit to Occupy the Road

Control of Obstructions

Under the Roads Scotland Act 1984, section 59, a local authority is responsible for processing applications for licences as required for any display or temporary construction which may protrude or project over a public road.

Skips Permits

If you propose to occupy or open part of a road, for example, carriageway, footway, footpath or cycle path, etc, there is a requirement under the Roads Scotland Act 1984 to obtain permission from the Local Roads Authority. This is done by applying with the form available from the Road Permit Applications page.

Further Information

Please contact Development and Infrastructure on Tel: 01856873535 for further information or advice on this topic.

School Place, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NY |  01856 873535 | Translate | Accessibility | Copyright | Privacy | Investors In People Logo