Skip to content

Riding Establishments

It is a legal requirement that Stables, which hire out horses or ponies for riding or instruction, must be licensed by the local authority who must commission a report from an approved veterinary and practitioner.

Licence Application

To apply for a licence to operate a riding establishment/stables, first please contact the Trading Standards team on 01856873535.

School Place, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NY |  01856 873535 | Translate | Accessibility | Copyright | Privacy | Investors In People Logo