Skip to content

Child Performance Licence

You may need a child performance licence if your production or activity includes children under school leaving age. Productions and activities include:

You will need a licence so we can make sure that the child’s learning and welfare are protected during the production or activity.

Application forms to apply for a licence can be downloaded in PDF format from the ‘Related Downloads’ section of this page and must be received at least 21 days before the performance takes place.

If you are unsure about whether or not you need a licence, refer to the Child Performance Licence Flowchart which is available in PDF format from the 'Related Downloads' section of this page.

The regulations regarding child performances changed on 20 February 2015. Further information and guidance is available from the Scottish Government. A link to their guidance document is provided in the ‘Related Sites’ section of this page.

Contact Details

Education, Leisure and Housing, Orkney Islands Council, Council Offices, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NY.

Telephone: 01856873535.

Email: Education and Leisure.

Related Sites

School Place, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NY

Telephone: 01856 873535

Translate this website

Orkney Islands Council: BOREAS DOMUS MARE AMICUS