Fast track to Hospitality
Short course at UHI Orkney starting 26 February 2024
Would you like to work in Orkney’s thriving hospitality and tourism sector? Then this short course is for you!
Orkney Islands Council’s Employability team has worked with UHI Orkney’s Hospitality department with input from local businesses to create a course providing entry-level hospitality skills needed by employers, and opportunities for work experience at the UHI Orkney’s ‘Overblikk’ café local businesses.
- Is free for eligible individuals
- Is timed to fit within the school day
- Includes one day practical session at UHI Orkney Overblikk Cafe
- Includes support arranging additional work experience at local businesses
Classes and site visits will take place on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 2:30pm.
Skills and topics covered:
- Bar skills
- Customer Service
- Food Hygiene
- COSSH (Control of substances hazardous to health) and Hazards
- Barista skills
- Food service skills
- Cafe Service
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Personal Development in Hospitality
- Organisational Skills, Time & Stress Management
To register your interest, ask someone you work with such as a job coach, careers advisor or support worker to get in touch with the Council’s Employability Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
No One Left Behind eligibility criteria applies. Employability workers can contact Lindsey Johnston, Orkney Islands Council’s CLD Employability Team Manager for further details.