Betting Offices

Betting offices require premises licences under the Gambling Act 2005.

Premises licences can only be applied for by persons, companies or partnerships who have a right to occupy the premises and who hold, or have applied for, an operating licence which allows them to carry on the activity. Operating licences must be obtained from the Gambling Commission.

The licensing authority for gambling is the local licensing board.

If you require further information about this topic please contact the Licensing Team, Legal Services, on telephone: 01856873535 extensions 2229 or 2232 or via email.

If you would like to see someone in person to discuss a licensing matter please contact the Licensing Team to make an appointment.

Related Sites

School Place, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NY

Telephone: 01856 873535

Translate this website

Orkney Islands Council: BOREAS DOMUS MARE AMICUS