Orkney Islands Council has made the above-named order under section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to ensure the safety of site personnel and road users while carriageway surfacing and other maintenance works are being carried out at or near the roads listed in the Schedule hereto.
The order will come into operation on Monday 20 January 2020 for the period until and including Tuesday 31 March 2020, and its effect will be to close the roads listed in the Schedule when required. The restrictions will be effective only when the relevant road signs are in place.
- St Catherine’s Place, Kirkwall (from Cromwell Road to East Road/ Queen Street).
- East Road, Kirkwall (from Highbury Villas to St Catherine’s Place/ Queen Street).
- Queen Street, Kirkwall (from Garden Street to St Catherine’s Place/ East Road).
- School Place, Kirkwall (from King Street to Palace Road).
- Clay Loan, Kirkwall (from King Haakon Street to Bignold Park Road).
- Bignold Park Road, Kirkwall (from George Street to Clay Loan near Number 55 Clay Loan).
- Union Street, Kirkwall.
- Cromarty Square, St Margaret’s Hope.
- Back Road, St Margaret’s Hope (from Front Road to Cromarty Square/ Ontoft Road).
- Ontoft Road, St Margaret’s Hope (from Back Road/ Cromarty Square to Pier Road).
- Pier Road, St Margaret’s Hope.
John W Mundell.
Interim Chief Executive.
Council Offices, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NY.
9 January 2020.