Orkney's Houton and Tingwall bus services will change this Monday (6 July) to fit in with revised Orkney Ferries timetables for Hoy and Rousay.
The bus services affected are Service 2 (Houton) and Service 6 (Tingwall).
An additional X1 service will also come into effect, providing 07:05 from Kirkwall to Stromness on Monday to Saturday with a subsequent pre 08:30 arrival from Stromness into Kirkwall.
Bus services will still have limited capacity whilst social distancing remains in place.
Additional procedures have been implemented by Stagecoach for their fleet to ensure the safety of drivers and passengers including:
- Social distancing is in place on board all Stagecoach buses on Orkney. Clear guidance is provided on board to help bus users maintain social distancing when choosing their seat and alighting the bus.
- Stagecoach provides a 'Busy bus indicator' on their free mobile app - this assists bus users to avoid busy buses when reduced capacity is in place due to the social distancing measures. More information on this feature can be found on the Stagecoach website
- There are protective screens on the whole fleet - providing a barrier between the bus user and driver for transaction interaction when boarding the bus.
- Clear internal bus signage reminding bus users to comply with the latest government advice regarding the use of face coverings.
- Comprehensive information on how to stay safe when travelling by bus is available on the Stagecoach website.
The new bus timetables are available on the bus timetable section of our website.