Local Government Election - 5 May 2022
The Electoral Registration Officer wrote to households in Orkney, ahead of the Local Government Elections that took place on 5 May 2022.
Anyone aged 16 or over that day, resident in Orkney and registered to vote, was able to vote.
- www.localcouncillor.scot - Includes resources on what is expected of councillors, how to decide if standing as a candidate is right for you and preparing for elected office.
- www.improvementservice.org.uk - Includes resources on the roles and responsibilities of councillors at ward and council level, and examples of ‘a day in the life of a councillor’.
- www.standardscommissionscotland.org.uk - Outlines the codes of conduct that must be adhered to by those in public office.
- www.electoralcommission.org.uk - The independent body that oversees elections and regulates political finance in the UK.
- www.audit-scotland.gov.uk - The independent body providing assurance to the people of Scotland that public money is spent property, efficiently and effectively.
- www.inclusionscotland.org - Administrators of the Access to Elected Office Fund, that pays for practical support to allow disabled people to fully participate in the political process.