Tourist Signs

Tourist signs or "brown signs" are the responsibility of the Highways Agency on trunk roads and the Local Highway Authority on other roads.

Tourist attractions and facilities such as hotels, can apply for direction signs to their location. If they meet the criteria, which may vary by area, then they pay for the costs of erecting the signs.

Further Information

For further information on tourist signs please contact Development and Infrastructure by email or by telephone: 01856873535 or access the related link to the Tourist Signposting Policy on this page.

Related Links

School Place, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NY

Telephone: 01856 873535


Orkney Islands Council: BOREAS DOMUS MARE AMICUS