A community sport hub is:
- A Sportscotland initiative that contributes directly to the Scottish Governments 2014 legacy plan.
- An exciting and innovative approach to the development of sport through local clubs.
- Designed to increase the number of people of all ages participating in sport in local communities throughout Scotland.
A community sport hub will provide:
- Enhanced localised support for Community Sport Clubs.
- Access to a number of partners that influence sport in the local community including the school, active-schools, facilities and sports development officers.
- The opportunity to share resources, good practise and expertise amongst the local sporting community.
- A platform to create a strong, dynamic partnership that will work together to develop sport in the local community.
- The opportunity to collectively promote the number of sporting opportunities on offer and raise the profile of sport locally.
What will a community sport hub in Kirkwall look like:
- That is up to you. The flexible nature of the project allows us to tailor it to ensure it suits the needs, resource, and ambition contained in the local community.