Kirkwall and St Ola Community Centre
Dating back to 1884 Kirkwall and St Ola Community Centre and Town Hall is an ideal stunning location for special events such as weddings, concerts, dinners, training courses, and conferences. Situated in the centre of Kirkwall directly opposite the St Magnus Cathedral it is within walking distance of a number of prestigious hotels for those out of county, or island guests.
The main Town Hall room with its large stained glass window and ornate mouldings and decoration is ideal for special events. It can accommodate up to 110 for dinner or 150 for buffets. The nearby Supper Room can be used as an integral part of your event package or as a stand alone room for smaller events. With stunning views of the St Magnus Cathedral the Supper Room is licensed for civil wedding ceremonies. As well as the Town Hall and Supper Room we have three smaller meeting rooms on the ground floor all of which can be configured for a variety of uses such as training courses, presentations parties, exhibitions and so on.
Catering can be provided to your exact requirements either by our experienced in-house team or from third party caterers.
Our facilities for conference, meetings and special events include:
- Town Hall - popular venue for weddings and larger events and can comfortably seat 130 people for catered functions. The impressive setting includes original stained glass window, traditional and tasteful decor with adjoining fully equipped kitchen.
- Supper Room (8.9m x 6.0m) - Overlooking St Magnus Cathedral, this room comfortably accommodates 40 people when set in a theatre style or 25 people when set in a boardroom style.
- Room 1 (5.7m x 4.1m) - Comfortably accommodating 20 people when set in a theatre style or 10 people when set in a boardroom style.
- Room 2 (8.9m x 6.0m) - Comfortably accommodating 40 people when set in a theatre style or 25 people when set in boardroom style.
- Room 3 (7.7m x 6.0m) - Comfortably accommodating 40 people when set in a theatre style or 25 people when set in boardroom style.
- Games Hall (9.8m x 14.0m) - Ideal for recreational level sports, it is suitable for junior 5 a side, badminton, table tennis, basketball, children's parties and offers great value and fun!
To view further images of the Kirkwall and St Ola Community Centre, please refer to the 'Related Downloads' section of this page.
St Magnus Cafe
Situated across from St Magnus Cathedral, the family friendly St Magnus Cafe is a light and spacious cafe housed within Kirkwall's Town Hall. The menu includes Fairtrade coffees (espresso, cappuccino and latte), Rainforest Alliance teas, homemade quiche, cakes and tray bakes and freshly made toasted sandwiches, filled hot wraps, rolls and sandwiches, homemade soups and paninis. Facilities include baby changing and toilets, wheelchair friendly disabled access and highchairs.
Activities and Services Available
Games Hall, Conference Facilities, Wedding/Reception Venue, TV/Video/DVD, Crockery Hire, LCD projector, Flip charts, Projector Screens, Kitchen and Catering Facilities, Baby Changing Facilities, Disabled WC, High Chair, Lift, Cafe, Mother and Toddler Groups, Youth Club, and Orkney Youth Cafe.
Prices and Availability
For current prices and availability on hiring rooms please contact the manager on the telephone number or click on the email link below.
Monday to Saturday: 09:00 - 16:00.
For Further Information Contact Peter Sherratt, Centre Manager:
Kirkwall and St Ola Town Hall and Community Centre, Broad Street, Kirkwall, KW15 1DH.
Email: Peter Sherratt.