Orkney Islands Council
Working together for a better Orkney


Skip Hire

Orkney Islands Council does not hire skips, but these are available for hire from Orkney Aggregates and Northwards. Links to their websites can be found at Related Sites section on this page.

It is the responsibility of the skip hirer to dispose of the contents safely and responsibly. A skip permit may also be required.

Skip Permits

If you propose to occupy or open part of a road, i.e. carriageway, footway, footpath or cycle path etc, there is a requirement under the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984 to obtain permission from the local Roads Authority.

Applying for a Skip Permit

This is done by applying for the relevant permit. For further details please contact Development and Infrastructure on telephone 01856873535.

Related Sites