Orkney Islands Property Developments Ltd
Orkney Islands Property Developments Ltd (OIPDL) was established, with the full support of Orkney Islands Council, as a company limited by guarantee and incorporated on 29 May 1991.
Whilst its main objective was to provide housing management services, it was also recognised to be a crucially important organisation, working together with the Council and Orkney Housing Association Ltd, in ensuring that housing needs throughout Orkney were adequately addressed.
The Company has, with the aid of grants from the Scottish Executive and Orkney Islands Council, built various housing schemes throughout Orkney.
Listed below are the properties owned and the client groups for whom they are available:
- 24 very sheltered houses at Eunson Kloss, Kirkwall – for the frail elderly.
- 5 flats and 2 semi-detached houses at Kalisgarth, Westray – for the frail elderly.
- 4 flats at Junction Road, Kirkwall – for use by clients of the Criminal Justice Section of Orkney Health and Care.
- 6 bedsits at Bignold Park Road, Kirkwall.
- 5 flats and 1 house at Main Street, Kirkwall.
- 3 flats at Gunn’s Close, Kirkwall.
- 1 house at Craigie Crescent, Kirkwall – can be used for student accommodation or for general let.
- 5 houses (10 rooms) at Pickaquoy Drive, Kirkwall – for student accommodation (owned by the Council and managed by OIPDL).
For further information please contact:
Anne Whitton, Housing Manager - via e-mail
Dave Linklater, Housing Officer - via e-mail
Lorna Whitelaw, Admin Assistant - via e-mail
Telephone : 01856876310.