Orkney Islands Council
Working together for a better Orkney

Civil Partnerships

Civil Partnerships can be carried out by the Registrars based at the Kirkwall and Stromness Registration Offices.

This can either be by signing the Civil Partnership Schedule in the Registration Office along with two witnesses or with a ceremony at a venue of your choice.

Civil Partnership Forms (CP10) must be completed and submitted a minimum of 29 days prior to the date of the partnership and not more than three months before the proposed date.

Documents to be Submitted

  • Civil Partnership Forms (CP10) to be completed by both parties.
  • Birth certificates.
  • Proof of Residence.
  • If either party has been married or in a previous civil partnership, documentary evidence that the previous marriage or civil partnership has ended.
  • Proof of nationality, i.e. valid passport.

For further information and guidance on registering a civil partnership, please visit the National Records of Scotland website via the link in the 'Related Sites' section of this page.

Related Sites