The Orkney Islands Council (Stromness) (Prohibition Of Waiting) Order 201[ ]
Orkney Islands Council proposes to make an Order under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to provide for the regulation and management of on-street parking in various streets in Stromness.
The Order shall:
- Prohibit waiting at any time in specified sections of Back Road, Cairston Road, Church Road, Dundas Street, Ferry Road, Graham Place, Hillside Road, John Street, North End Road, Springfield Crescent and Victoria Street, Stromness other than in designated parking spaces;
- Prohibit waiting between the hours of 0900 and 1700 on Mondays to Saturdays inclusive in specified sections of Springfield Crescent, Stromness;
- Prohibit waiting for a period exceeding 30 minutes in any one hour between the hours of 0900 and 1700 on Mondays to Saturdays inclusive in specified sections of Church Road, Ferry Road, Graham Place, John Street and Victoria Street, Stromness and
- Make it an offence for anyone to park in the marked disabled persons’ parking places on Ferry Road, Franklin Road and John Street, Stromness unless they are displaying a valid disabled person’s badge.
The opportunity to load and unload in these sections of road will continue and the prohibitions will not apply to any vehicle displaying a valid disabled person’s badge and not causing an obstruction.
The Order will revoke the existing Orders specified in the Schedule below.
Details of the proposals are contained in the draft Order which, together with copies of the relative maps, a statement of the Council’s reasons for proposing to make the Order and the Orders specified in the Schedule below may be inspected during normal office hours at Customer Services, Council Offices, Kirkwall, Orkney KW15 1NY and Warehouse Buildings, 2-12 Victoria Street, Stromness, Orkney KW16 3AA and online.
Objections to the proposal, specifying the grounds on which they are made, should be sent in writing to the Chief Executive, Orkney Islands Council, Council Offices, Kirkwall, Orkney KW15 1NY or by email to email@example.com not later than 1700 on Friday 6 July 2018.
- The Orkney Islands Council (Stromness) (Prohibition of Waiting) Order 2000.
- The Orkney Islands Council (Springfield Crescent, Stromness) (Prohibition of Waiting) Order 2002.
- The Orkney Islands Council (North End Road, Stromness) (Prohibition of Waiting) Order 2014.
Council Offices, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NY.
7 June 2018.