The Orkney Islands Council has made the above-named order under section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to ensure the safety of site personnel and road users when road resurfacing works are being carried out at or near the roads listed in the Schedule hereto.
The order will come into operation on Monday 16 April 2018 for the period until and including Sunday 27 May 2018 and its effect will be to prohibit the driving of vehicles or to restrict the flow of vehicular traffic when required at the sites listed in the Schedule. In addition, The Orkney Islands Council (Bus Routes in Kirkwall) (One Way Traffic) Order 1992 will be suspended to allow buses to travel in both directions on Palace Road, Broad Street and Castle Street, Kirkwall while the order is in place. The restrictions will be effective only when the relevant road signs are in place.
1. Junction Road, Kirkwall (between Pickaquoy Road and New Scapa Road).
2. New Scapa Road, Kirkwall (between Junction Road and Hornersquoy).
3. Glaitness Park, Kirkwall.
4. Union Street, Kirkwall.
5. Main Street, Kirkwall.
6. Wellington Street, Kirkwall.
7. Neuketineuks, Kirkwall.
8. Manse Road, Kirkwall (between Broadsands Road and New Scapa Road).
Council Offices, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NY.
12 April 2018.