Guide to information
Under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, the Council is obliged to adopt and maintain a Publication Scheme.
The aim of the Publication Scheme is to set out the classes of information the Council publishes or intends to publish, how that information can be obtained, and whether or not that information is available free of charge.
The Publication Scheme is approved by the Scottish Information Commissioner, and is reviewed periodically by the Council.
The Classes of Information
We publish information that we hold within the following classes. Once information is published under a class we will continue to make it available for the current and previous two financial years.
Where information has been updated or superseded, only the current version will be available. If you would like to see previous versions, you may make a request to us for that information.
If you cannot find the information you are looking for you can use this website's 'Search' or 'A to Z'.
The classes are:
- Class 1: About the authority.
- Class 2: How we deliver our functions and services.
- Class 3: How the authority takes decisions and what it has decided.
- Class 4: What the authority spends and how it spends it.
- Class 5: How the authority manages its human, physical and information services.
- Class 6: How the authority procures goods and services from external providers.
- Class 7: How our authority is performing.
- Class 8: Our commercial publications - we do not hold or publish any information under this class.
Links to the 'Guide to Information’ and ‘Information by Class’ are available from the 'Related Downloads' section of this page.