Polling Place Review 2013 - 2014
In accordance with Section 18C of the Representation of the People Act 1983, as amended, notice is hereby given that Orkney Islands Council is undertaking a review of Polling Districts and Polling Places within Orkney Islands Area of the Orkney and Shetland Parliamentary Constituency.
We have a six week consultation period from Monday 11 November closing on Friday 20 December 2013 (Complete).
Electors within Orkney we want to hear from you if you think we are using the most convenient available places for you to vote. It would be helpful if you could include any suggestions for alternative polling places if you feel the existing ones are not suitable.
- Monday 11 November 2013 - Commence public consultation (Complete).
- Friday 20 December 2013 - Closing date for initial comments (Complete)
- Monday 6 January 2014 - Publication of draft proposals and the Returning Officer’s comments (Complete)
- Friday 31 January 2014 - Closing date for representations on draft proposals
- Tuesday 18 February 2014 - Submission of final proposals to Policy and Resources Committee
- Tuesday 4 March 2014 - Report to Full Council
- w/c Monday 10 March 2014 - Publication of outcome of Review
Following the recent introduction of the use of postal voting in all the outer isles we will be conducting a separate review with regards how voters in the outer isles found this process following the Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places 2013. The postal vote consultation will commence in January 2014 (See 'Related Links' on the left of this page).
All representations made by any person in connection with the Review are now available from the 'Related Downloads' section of this page. Any further comments can be made to the Election Manager at Electionoffice@orkney.gov.uk.