Head of Finance – Gareth Waterson.
Good financial governance and the efficient use of public money sit at the heart of an efficient, well-run Council. The Finance Services look after our funds – what’s coming in, what’s going out, how it’s being spent now and planning for how we can spend it in the future.
The Finance Services provides a range of services in support of the Council's key objectives:
- Development of the Council's medium and longer term financial plans.
- Support for the development of the Council's Corporate Budget Setting Process.
- Managing the Council's Corporate Budget Monitoring process.
- Treasury management activity to control the Council’s liquid cash resources.
- The administration of Housing and Council Tax Benefits.
- Payroll and payment service.
- Preparation and Completion of the Council's Final Accounts.
- Arranging insurance cover for the Council.
- Management of the Orkney Islands Council Pension Fund.
- Provision of financial/accountancy advice and support services and major corporate projects.
Full information on Finance Services is available from the 'Related Links' section of this page.