Consultation on Council Charges
We’d like your feedback on plans to increase or bring in new charges for a number of services provided by Orkney Islands Council.
The Budget Simulator exercise we carried out two years ago indicated a willingness among the public to see fees and charges go up if this helped to prevent cuts to frontline services.
The proposals we’re putting forward are aimed at generating additional income to help offset the need for future budget cuts.
We are seeking views on plans to bring in new charges for:
- New and replacement refuse bins.
- Electric vehicle charging.
- Collecting and kennelling stray dogs.
- Planning permission amendments.
- An annual landing ticket for private aircraft landing at Council airfields.
- Caravans, motorhomes and tents using carparks and other Council land.
- Use of Travel Centre facilities by coaches.
Feedback is also invited on proposed increases to current charges for:
- Longer-than-permitted stays at car parks.
- Special collections and disposal of bulky household waste.
- Road closures for road works.
Further information about the proposed new and increased charges is available from the ‘Related Downloads’ section of this page.
To take part in the survey, please complete the online survey available from the ‘Related Sites’ section of the page.